Turning Point offers practical help and hope for teenagers, families, couples, and individuals, by way of professional and affordable counselling services. Our counsellors are well-trained, dedicated, and care about the people they serve.
Counselling is simply sitting down with a counsellor to talk about the problems or challenges in your life. At Turning Point you can expect to:
- Be listened to and heard.
- Be supported and not judged.
- Better understand what you feel and why.
- Learn new ways to face your struggles.
WHO DO WE SERVE
As a ministry of Youth for Christ, Turning Point is available to serve youth and families in Winnipeg of all ethnic and religious/non-religious backgrounds, and all social and economic statuses.
We can provide help in the following areas and more…
- Abuse: Emotional / Physical / Sexual
- ADD / ADHD
- Anger Management
- Anxiety & Phobias
- Couples & Marital Issues
- Depression & Mood Disorders
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating Disorders
- Family Issues
- Lifestyle Changes
- Parenting Issues
- Relationship Issues
- School Difficulties
- Sexuality & Gender Issues
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Thoughts & Feelings
- Traumatic Events
- Vocational Issues
Turning Point counsellors practice from an integrative approach, in an effort to provide holistic care. Here are some of the models being integrated by the counsellors at Turning Point:
- Art Therapy
- Attachment Theory
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy
- Dialectical-Behaviour Therapy
- Emotionally-Focused Therapy (Individual and Couples)
- Eye-Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family Systems Theories (various)
- Person-Centered Therapy